A one-day event about what’s next for marketers, advertisers, brands & communicators. Connect, share and be inspired.
When the quarterback completes a pass into a small window, it’s called “threading the needle.” And it takes a very skillful player to do this. As a marketer, you’re asked to navigate the digital playground with the precision of a skilled master, regardless of what’s trying to block you from your receiver. So how do you get the ideas, tools and connections you need to thread the needle?
meshmarketing 12 (#mm12) is aone-day event that is truly an Ideas to Action conference with a blend of thought provoking speakers, “show and tell” presentations, and engaging conversations. Talks or mm12 threads offer:
- solutions to turn prospects into buyers with mobile;
- strategies to drive your marketing activities using content;
- ideas to get your brand discovered;
- and much more.
Interact with digital marketing thought leaders. Connect with peers and prospects. Get a deeper and better understanding of the impact that new trends, services and approaches are having on your strategy, business and job. Together, we’ll discuss best practices about topics such as search, data, mobile, location and social media.
You’ll figure out how to get your message through the competitive noise and distractions flying from every direction at your consumer. meshmarketing is where you get ahead.
Who Should Attend and Why
Marketers, digital and advertising agencies, PR practitioners, communication professionals and anyone passionate about marketing, digital and the Web…
What’s the difference between mesh and meshmarketing
At mesh, we bring together four groups (entrepreneurs, marketers, media and citizens) to talk about what’s next online for business, marketing, media and society. It’s a thinking person’s conference that features challenging, insightful, engaging and provocative speakers and content. We want people to come away with new ideas, inspiration and tons of food for thought. What makes mesh different from other conferences is the audience is so varied. Marketing is one aspect of mesh. Our goal is to have you walk away from mesh having connected with like and un-like minds so you can take ideas back to where you work and play. You would join us at mesh to stretch your brain and challenge your thinking.
meshmarketing focuses on the conversations marketers, brands and communicators are having. If mesh is a pool of ideas to splash around in, meshmarketing is the deep dive. We aim to give you opportunities to connect, share and be inspired. This time, your sharing space with colleagues, clients, prospects and talent who if you don’t know now, you should. Ultimately, you’ll come to meshmarketing to get a better handle on how to leverage and capitalize on the power of the Web to build your brand and drive sales.
Inspired. Informative. Thought-provoking.
Great Networking Opportunities. Shared insights.
Early Bird & Team Deadline: Sept 21, 2012
Last chance to save $120 off the General ticket price.
Media Accreditation Opens: Sept 19, 2012
Pre-Registation General & Team Deadline: Nov 2, 2012
Last chance to save $70 off the General ticket price.
Last chance for Team Tickets: Four Tickets for the Price of Three. Save over $350.
Media Accreditation Deadline: Oct 24, 2012
Deadline to submit request for media accreditation
Media Accreditation Acceptance Notification: Oct 31, 2012
Deadline for mesh to confirm media accreditation and notify those that have not been accredited
Conference Starts: Nov 7, 2012
On-site check-in starts at 8:00 am. General session starts at 9:00 am.
Toronto Reference Library | Bram & Bluma Appel Salon
This new location for meshmarketing offers a central location for our guests. This unique, contemporary and versatile venue is ideal for mm12. Conveniently located on the second floor of the iconic Toronto Reference Library, The Bram & Bluma Appel Salon is a vibrant new literary and cultural commons at the heart of the city.
Best news…the venue has free Wi-Fi!
Address, By Public Transit & Parking
The Bram & Bluma Appel Salon is located at:
Toronto Reference Library, 2nd Floor
789 Yonge Street (1 street north of Bloor)
Toronto ON M4W 2G8
By public transit:
Exit at TTC Bloor-Yonge subway station
Walk to the library, located one street north on Yonge Street
Paid parking. Nearby parking lots on Cumberland Avenue, Yorkville and Asquith Avenue.
There’s lots to do in Toronto. You can start at seetorontonow.com, blogto.com and Toronto.com, or visit Ticketmaster. You can also check out Now, Eye Weekly and Toronto Life to find out what else is going on while you’re here, or just leave a comment on the blog and information will magically find its way to you. If you’re looking for a place to stay, Expedia has info on some great hotels close to downtown.
In advance of mm12
- Register in advance. History has shown we sell out at mesh events. We anticipate the same is true this year.
- Plan to stay for socials. The networking is a big part of the experience. We will be announcing these details shortly. Best bet is to save the dates for the evenings of Nov 6 & 7. We’ll have great opportunities to mesh, network and socialize.
- Keep visiting the website. We’ll be adding info right up to the event. Follow @meshcon on twitter or the stream at #mm12. Subscribe to our RSS feed and get email updates via Feedblitz orfeedburner to stay up-to-date. You can also add yourself to our Newsletter list so that you’ll get the latest and greatest on mesh, mm12 and mesh13.
- Be sure to pack your laptop, camera, audio recorder and/or camcorder. We’ll have lots of Wi-Fi at the conference. Don’t forget your power adapters because we’ll have charging stations. You can record, photograph and film to your heart’s content. But it’s up to you to get the permission of anyone you you want to photograph, record or film. Unfortunately, everything that happens in Toronto does not stay in Toronto.
- Bring your business cards and prepare to meet lots of fantastic people. This event offers lots of great content in the session rooms. However, outside the session rooms, you can connect with really talented folks…you’ll share ideas…and you’ll get inspired.
- Be prepared to talk. This event is as much about your thoughts and ideas as it is about what is said from the stage. We really want to hear from you.